To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax, VA 22031
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Set Up Accountant
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Fairfax, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Fairfax, Virginia (VA) is seeking a Senior Project Set Up Accountant (Costpoint V7) to work in their Corporate Revenue Compliance Department.
The Senior Project Set Up Accountant will oversee the setup and maintenance of Deltek Costpoint direct projects and direct intercompany work orders. A key role for the Company, the ideal candidate will have significant experience with complex project accounting and the associated setup within Costpoint 7.1.1. They will ensure our project setups are accurate, effective and aligned with policy and will serve as the key liaison between operations finance and Corporate Accounting.
- Set-up and maintain projects using Deltek Costpoint 7.1.1
- Work with Project Managers, Project Financial Controllers and revenue compliance staff to design project set-up configurations that meet the billing, revenue recognition and reporting requirements and are aligned with Corporate standards and policies
- For complex projects, host project setup kickoff meetings, and manage the process for reviewing and approving new awards
- Serve as the liaison between Program Managers and support staff to ensure that the project setup efficiently and effectively meets both contract and corporate requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain written procedures, and establish and document project set-up protocols
- Validate billing system invoice calculation and application of caps, fees, and indirect rates as needed
- Resolve complex invoicing issues that arise due to unique billing requirements, project adjustments, or system issues
- Make recommendations to improve the efficiency, usefulness, and effectiveness of project accounting, billing, accounts receivable functions and internal controls
- Set-up and maintain intercompany work orders between operating group and legacy business
- Assist Manager, in providing vision for establishing the function and rolling it out to legacy business
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Business or related discipline, or equivalent experience in a related field
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint 7.1.1 and particularly project setup and billing modules/capabilities
- 5+ years' experience in government contracting environment ideal
- Cognos experience
- Experience using Microsoft office applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost reimbursable, time and material and fixed price government contracts as well as commercial contracts
- Ability to interface with project managers and support staff
- Great time management skills and ability to work in a time sensitive project accounting function
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.