Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of healthcare products including diagnostics, medical devices and nutritionals products. In Ireland, Abbott employs over 5,000 people across nine sites. We have six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third-party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. Abbott has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin and Galway. We have been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Diagnostic Division - Longford:
The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid, and cardiovascular diseases.
Longford is based in the midlands of Ireland surrounded by water with the River Shannon, Lough Ree and the Royal Canal. It has a vibrant collection of communities with a rich historical background. The County has plenty to offer to both visitors and citizens in sport, culture, literature, amenities, festivals, events, retail and dining.
We currently have a position for in our Department which will involve the following:
We current have a role for a Manufacturing Manager in our Operations Department and this role will involve the following:
* To ensure the plant meets its customer quality, service, regulatory, financial and safety goals through effective management of the manufacture and testing of diagnostic products for the plant's product range.
* To ensure continual compliance with the policies relating to personnel, quality, engineering, safety and finance.
* To support new product and process transfers and to ensure a steady, timely flow of new products.
* Manage, direct and lead project team(s) established to develop and implement strategic change within the plant.
* To lead and manage assigned Operations manufacturing and / or support functions at the site.
* To ensure that major projects are completed on time and within budget.
* To ensure that all customer requirements are met while maintaining product availability of diagnostic reagents.
* Recommend / implement improvements to standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement in safety.
* To drive timely completion of non-conformance investigations and CA/PA activities on site.
* Promote, Support and Drive Continuous Improvement in all aspects of the Business.
* Optimize the use of human resources by encouraging an atmosphere of involvement, open communication and effective teamwork.
* Maintain ADD, GMP, HR, safety, financial and quality procedures.
* Keep abreast of developments in technical and manufacturing areas to ensure the plant continues to produce quality products, which are compliant to regulatory standards.
* Manage the interface between Longford Operations and colleagues at other Abbott sites.
* Ensure that assigned area meets the quality requirements of its customers, ADD, internal & external Auditors and other external agencies.
* Understand the sites business requirements as defined by the Site Director and Divisional Management.
* Work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to develop project plans for areas of change within Operations.
* Maintain ETMS TO DO LIST.
* Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws, as well at the Abbott Global and Technical standards.
* Supervisory / Management Responsibility
* The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
* A relevant third level qualification combined with background and experience as this provides a strong foundation for this job function
The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
* Five years experience in a Medical Device (Diagnostic Area preferable, but not a mandatory requirement) or regulated manufacturing environment.
* Three years experience of people management & motivation.
* Good communication skills.
* Familiarity with Regulatory requirements.
The above experience will ensure the incumbent has acquired the necessary:
* Technical skills
* Manufacturing experience
* Management expertise
* Problem solving techniques & skills.
* The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for the management of assigned Operations functions at the site. If not carried out properly then product quality problems could result in losses to the company.
* Decision making within confines of agreed product availability and performance goals.
* Incumbent receives only general instructions from management personnel as to manner in which duties should be performed.
* Has set targets and goals to achieve each year, these are agreed in advance with the Site Director.
* Review and feedback, occurs via periodic goal reviews annual performance and career development reviews.
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Decision Making