ABOUT POET INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
In POET Information Technology (IT), we proactively deliver a high level of service to empower our business units to create more value for POET. We work closely as a team, in a fun, fast-paced, changing environment to plan, execute and support IT initiatives. We recognize our end users as partners and work together to provide innovative and current solutions.
The Developer, with a data analytics and business intelligence focus, will design, develop, modify, document and deliver high\u2010quality programming that meets the specific needs of the business. Developers will perform a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. This position’s area of focus will include data modeling, data transformation, data visualizations, report writing, and some web application development. If you have a passion for data sciences, this may be a fit for you!
A TYPICAL DAY COULD INCLUDE\u2026
- Working with other developers on projects/tasks that may involve multiple systems interactions and team collaboration to accomplish the desired needs.
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing enterprise-wide reports using SQL, other Microsoft tools, and Oracle Analytics Cloud.
- Designing disaggregated tables and setting up hierarchies within MS SQL stored procedures and queries.
- Mining data from primary and secondary sources, then reorganizing said data in a format that can be easily read by either human or machine.
- Using statistical tools to interpret data sets, paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- Working with internal teams to better understand technology needed to create business process efficiencies.
- Collaborating with the team to evaluate, analyze, and prioritize requirements.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for specific application(s).
- Using independent thought, knowledge and judgment of the application, developing and writing code to meet requirements for projects, often working in conjunction with more senior developers.
- Providing development effort estimates for new projects to the business analysts.
- Experienced developers will coach and advise junior level software developers by providing knowledge, expertise, guidance and recommendations in activities such as documentation, coding standards and existing business processes.
- Making constructive suggestions for change and be a consistent advocate for user-centric design.
- Fostering a culture of safe behavior and environmental compliance at all times.
- At POET, we are all on the same team. We all help with responsibilities that may not be specifically listed here.
STRENGTHS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- You have a Bachelor’s, or higher, Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, or similar field.
- You have a strong technical understanding and working knowledge in:
- object-oriented programming
- data models, data warehousing, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- SQL querying, XML, Python, or ETL frameworks
- .NET, C#, and Microsoft Visual Studio
- software development life cycle methodologies and Windows operating systems.
- software testing and quality assurance
- You are highly self-motivated, a fast learner, and you enjoy variety in your work.
- You are skilled at problem-solving and priority management and are goal- and deadline-oriented.
- You have proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- You have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
- You identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines.
- You are able to be flexible and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- You maintain a high level of customer service and friendly atmosphere.
- You know the basics of Microsoft Office Suite. You are capable of learning new programs.
- Experience working with MS SQL Server a plus.
- Experience developing progressive web applications.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES WITHIN POET
At POET Information Technology, we believe in recognizing team member contributions as they add value to the organization. We help you own your professional development to grow your career at POET across departments within IT or across business units within POET. New team member titles and pay are determined considering their qualifications.
- Culture is king at POET. We’re all on the same team. We always communicate. And we park our egos at the door. These aren’t just slogans on our walls. It’s our code.
- Some travel, to include overnights, may be required for this position. POET values work life balance and is intentional about your time spent away from home.
- Specific physical requirements may include:
- Working at a personal computer approximately 90% of the time where you may sit or stand.
- Occasionally lifting weights of fifty (50) pounds or less.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.