The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) has an integral role in creating a “Leading with Respect Culture” and leverages cross functional partnerships to foster a positive workplace environment. The HRBP’s focus as a strategic business partner is to deliver value-added service to the corporate management team, field leadership, and employees in alignment with organizational business objectives. This position is responsible for providing guidance and coaching to managers and employees on human resources-related matters, including conducting investigations, advising on complex employee relation issues, interpreting policy and practices, and responding to complaints. The HRBP, in conjunction with the HR Leadership Team (HRLT), will develop and execute sustainable, scalable initiatives and programs that effect long-lasting changes at all levels of the organization to ensure that solutions are identified and implemented, and employee needs are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates with autonomy and discretion; A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
- Provide conflict resolution and guidance to managers with performance management including help with preparation and reviewing of Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), coaching and employee relations issues, liaising with management and internal and external legal counsel, as needed, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Supports and guides leaders to ensures compliance of HR laws and regulations, reducing risk to the Company.
- Uses expertise in employee relations to conduct fair and impartial investigation into any claim or concern brought to the company’s attention, solve problems, negotiate, and find the best possible outcome and dispute resolution along with coordinating the progressive disciplinary process as necessary.
- Prepare accurate accounts of all employee relations issues/exchanges between employees and, Corporate and Field management and report findings to Director of HR and legal counsel as appropriate.
- Preparation of supporting documents required for EEOC, DOL and other litigation, and representation at any required hearings or arbitration meetings.
- Analyzes data, trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to create insights for organizational leaders to facilitate informed decision making relating to business needs, develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides honest and open communication to facilitate understanding and collaboration including building a trusted partnership with department leaders and field leadership through consultative and collaborative efforts to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR programs and services that support the needs of the company.
- Develop and implement employee relations and engagement strategies to drive positive change in partnership with HRLT and business leaders to facilitate and conduct proactive strategies to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Conduct research, provide recommendations on the design and implementation of a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs and manage the program post implementation.
- Assist HRLT, as needed, for various special projects and requests that require additional resources and perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, or 6 to 8 years of equivalent and related progressive HR experience
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, procedures, as well as Federal & State regulations with a strong background in employee relations.
- Expertise in managing performance improvement, employee investigations, issue resolution, and facilitating difficult conversations.
Abilities, and Competencies
- Hard working with the ability to work in a fast paced, multiple priority environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, outgoing personality, flexibility and adaptability to change while maintaining a positive attitude
- High level of personal drive, initiative and ability to remain poised and in control.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills. The ability to filter and immediately respond to questions during site group meetings is necessary to be successful in this position
- Ability to execute both operationally and strategically, problem solve, prioritize, and manage multiple projects and initiatives with competing deadlines.
- Ability to consistently exhibit high levels of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Anticipate needs and proactively utilize appropriate resources to resolve issues
- Sets clear priorities with the ability to manage priorities and to make routine decisions independently
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, both as a lead and a supporting team member
- Ability to demonstrate empathy especially when dealing with matters of diversity and inclusion
- Ability to travel to field offices, regional and area meetings as needed. This position will require travel 25% of the time.
In addition, the HRBP should also be proficient with the following programs, in addition to being able to learn and gain proficiency in internal programs:
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
About Tradesmen International, LLC:
Tradesmen International is recognized across North America as the construction industry's premier source for high-caliber skilled tradespeople. We have more than 150 office locations and are proud to employ a team of over 10,000 office, service, and craft professionals. We are looking for a demonstrated leader who can work collaboratively to support the company’s continued growth. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters in Macedonia, OH, which is a suburb of Cleveland.
Our company is full of success stories where our people embrace game-changing challenges and are rewarded with excellent advancement opportunities. We have a fun and winning culture.
Tradesmen International is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience, and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Tradesmen is rapidly growing and was purchased by Blackstone Private Equity in February 2017.
About The Blackstone Group:
The Blackstone Group is a leading global alternative asset manager and provider of financial advisory services. It is one of the largest independent alternative asset managers in the world. Its alternative asset management businesses include the management of corporate private equity funds, real estate opportunity funds, funds of hedge funds, mezzanine funds, senior debt funds, proprietary hedge funds and closed-end mutual funds.
Total Rewards package includes competitive pay with annual incentive potential. Benefits include 401k Retirement Savings Plan, paid vacation and holidays, medical, dental, short-term disability, and voluntary supplemental life insurance.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Business Administration
- Business Planning
- Business Requirements