ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Our mission is to provide a steadfast commitment to a diverse global market through our creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovations. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We have 4,000 collaborative and self-motivated employees working in 40 manufacturing centers of excellence on three continents and in seven countries. We are conveniently located across over the river from Downtown St. Louis, MO. We offer great benefits, 401k match and competitive salaries. Join our team today!
The Assistant Press Operator's task is to work jointly with both the lead operator and the Press Operator in the operation of the press for the direction and utilization of the press. The primary responsibility consists of removing all materials from previous job and to remove all inks not required for the next job and request stock for the next job. Be ready to perform the task of Second Operator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Assist in Coordination of print orders and trials according to the schedule.
* Change over the roll stand and load the roll.
* Check to ensure that the correct inks are available.
* Ensure that the colors are properly line up according to the Lead Operator's instructions.
* Monitor ink viscosities and level.
* Check roll stock to verify correct specification, roll size, width and caliper.
* Assist the press operator when required.
* Assist Press Operator in performing all external activities while the current job is running to facilitate an efficient change over.
* Performing all cleanup tasks assigned by Press Operator
* Verify all job requirements
* Check the condition of the plates and the anilox rolls needed.
* Staging of material and prepping for run
* Check if inks needed are ready and perform quick draw down on the first pail or drum.
* Reports to work on time and is dependable.
* Comply with departmental & job safety practices.
* Carry out tasks as assigned by Management.
* Other duties assigned by Management.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Associates degree from an accredited College or trade school preferred
* Two to three years' experience working within the printing industry.
* Must have high attention to detail
* Ability to work within a team environment
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure
* Flexibility to work on weekends and nights
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Move Mechanical Part
Use Hand Tool
Operate Offset Press
Operate Hydraulic Press