You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Capitol Hyundai, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Controller is responsible for exercising sound judgment to make independent discretionary decisions regarding the dealership’s overall financial and office workflow. The Controller is the key dealership executive for managing the accounting task and related policies and procedures at the dealership. The Controller is the business partner to the dealership General Manager and under the direction of the Regional Controller, carries out such policies and responsibilities. The Controller implements controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies. The Controller directs the office staff to ensure timely completion and accuracy of assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to all departments to produce increased revenue, control expenses; contribute to customer satisfaction and excellent associate satisfaction.
• Insure that the accounting records are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times.
• Insure that all Company policies are communicated and followed.
• Maintain internal controls to insure compliance with company policies.
• Recruit, supervise and develop dealership office personnel.
• Audit the balance sheets and schedules regularly and address any possible problems while keeping Regional Controller informed of problems and potential liabilities.
• Assist operations with dealership forecasting and budgeting.
• Ensure timely completion of all financial statements, monthly work papers and reports, and resolve any issues.
• Prepare reconciliation of all dealership balance sheet accounts and purify reconciling items every month.
• Review every schedule in the dealership every month and make necessary corrections.
• Ensure that the DOC is prepared daily in a timely manner and is accurate.
• Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
• 5 years’ experience managing the accounting function and leading the accounting staff of an automotive dealership.
• Outstanding written, verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
• Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills.
• Experience with dealership management computer systems (ADP preferred).
• Very strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report