To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
200 Commerce Street
Smithfield, VA 23430
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Planning Analyst
Smithfield Foods • Smithfield, VA
Posted 2 months ago
The Financial Planning Analyst assists in analyzing business results and tracking key financial targets. Analyzes business results, forecasts future performance, prepares annual budgets, and provides financial support ensuring that the business meets key financial targets. Interacts with Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Accounting teams and provides insight to support channels and product management in making optimal business decisions. This position ensures proper financial, operational, and compliance controls are in place within the organization.Responsibilities
Analyze Financial Reporting and Data
- Supports the Company’s financial reporting and analytical data requests, including weekly and monthly financial reporting as well as ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Utilizes business intelligence tools and implements dashboard reporting to monitor daily sales against targets, updates cost trend reports and analyzes results to ensure they are in line with the business forecast.
- Reviews proposed pricing scenarios and ensures valid revenue rates and cost assumptions. Reviews projected margins ensuring they are within business goals. Assists the Operations Finance team in validating product costs to determine the most cost effective facility as needed.
- Assists business with long term pricing/trade strategies to ensure compliance with margin targets. Works with Business Development team to identify SKU rationalization opportunities and opportunities to increase profitability.
Evaluate and Strategize Business Operations and Data
- Provides daily direction to the business line managers and channel management to establish strategy and running daily operations.
- Evaluates financial and business related data to provide valuable, accurate and timely information on sales performance. Analyzes key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Reviews RFP’s to ensure revenue rates and cost assumptions are valid and projected margins are within business goals. Provides financial support to the marketing team. Will be participating in new product development financials, reviewing feasibility of expected selling price vs. cost to determine if expected margin thresholds will be met.
Financial Forecasts, Planning Processes and Reports
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts and provides results to Senior Management and Business Development teams to focus on growth of business and future strategy.
- Improves and streamlines the Organization’s planning process.
- Designs reports that present both actual and budget data in a concise manner for use by management in decision making, to include variance analysis commentary, metrics and trends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and 2+ years of experience and/or training; required.
- 2+ years’ prior experience in manufacturing and/or consumer packaged goods, preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting/finance systems and financial and business principles.
- Product costing experience, preferred.
- Ability to make timely decisions and organize multiple tasks accurately in a deadline sensitive environment.
- Knowledge of SAP, Business Warehouse (BW), Analysis for Office (A4O) and Power BI
- Capability to improve current processes to make them more effective and quickly identify best practices.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups; explaining and detailing business performance in concise and professional manner.
- High standards of accuracy.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Business Warehouse (BW) experience, preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong self-motivation and organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.