Join our team!
Are you looking to receive cutting edge, high level sales training that advances your career? Let Ryerson invest in YOU!
Who we are:
For over 176 years, Ryerson has been enabling progress and innovation for industrial markets globally. We're one of the largest metal distributors in the industry. We offer an extensive line of products and services to our customers through our network of service centers located throughout North America and other global locations.
What we offer:
Ryerson offers a unique and fully immersive 12-month sales training program based in Minneapolis, MN. This program is broken into two parts: the Ryerson Training Academy and the Ryerson Sales Academy and is designed to introduce and solidify knowledge related to all facets of the metals industry that will set you up for a successful sales career with Ryerson.
Ryerson Training Academy (months 1 to 6). You will:
• Learn what it takes to be successful in sales and the metals industry
• Receive hands on system and product training that will provide you the tools to succeed
• Meet and network with our senior leadership and executives
• Learn the importance of working in a team environment
• Gain experience by working alongside experienced peers
• Participate in various community activities
Ryerson Sales Academy (months 7 to 12). You will:
• Be mentored by experienced leaders at Ryerson
• Apply your skills and gain direct exposure to account management
• Hone your interpersonal skills and build professional relationships with your customers
• Have the opportunity to visit several Ryerson locations
Upon completion of the 12-month program, you will be relocated as an Inside Sales Representative to one of Ryerson’s sales offices located throughout the United States.
What you will do as an Inside Sales Representative:
• Generate sales leads through proactive communication and marketing efforts
• Be the primary point of contact for your customers
• Process and respond to customer requests (i.e. quotations and order entry)
• Work closely with all departments with-in Ryerson
• Contribute to Ryerson’s successPosition Requirements:
Do you have what it takes?
• Bachelor’s degree
• Ability to relocate after completion of the 12 month program
• Prior customer service or sales experience,(a plus but not mandatory)
• A strong desire to learn
• Goal oriented
• A positive attitude and strong drive for success
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.
For more information please go to [ Link removed ]
In the event assistance or accommodation is needed in completing an online application, please contact the Ryerson Recruiting department at [ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.