Litigation Administrative Assistant Jon in Brickell, Miami
Our client is looking to add to their team a sharp, hardworking and reliable litigation administrative assistant. This role will be supporting a high performing team within an AmLaw 100 firm. The candidate will provide all aspects of file handling, assist attorneys with hearing preparation, trial preparation and appellate preparation. Drafts pleadings, motions, examination under oath notices, scheduling hearings, meditations, depositions, and examinations under oath. Maintains contact and communication with those involved in the case, scheduling depositions, preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas, preparing and filing discovery requests, and generating status reports. Keeps stakeholders informed by communicating case progress. To be considered you should have associate degree or related technical training program required. A minimum of three years of experience working directly with trial attorneys required.
This position is great for you if you are looking to join a tenured, stable group and enjoy working in a collaborative and family-like environment. Great benefits, casual environment and room for growth.Responsibilities of the Litigation Administrative Assistant Job Opening in Brickell, FL include(s):
* Keep cases organized by establishing and organizing files; E-Filing documents; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; scheduling mediation conferences, depositions, hearings etc.
* Support case preparation by preparing materials for mediation conferences, depositions, hearings, etc.
* Draft legal court documents and letters from existing templates
* Provide general administrative and technical support such as typing documents, opening mail, photocopying documents, answering and placing telephone calls and scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.Qualifications:
* Must have at least 3 years' litigation support experience
* Ability to prioritize and multitask
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in MS Office Suite, including MS Excel
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply above or email your resume (in Word) to Email blocked - click to apply
or apply online at URL blocked - click to apply
Should you meet the qualifications of the above position you will be contacted for interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.