Defense contractor involved with product development and manufacturing of various systems for military aerospace and vehicles in the Los Angeles International Airport area is searching for hands-on Mechanical Engineer. With a 50+ year foundation, The Marvin Group supports all branches of the Department of Defense and allies around the globe on an array of programs and platforms. We support many military prime contractors including General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon.
Lead/assist the development of electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems. Supports the development, maintenance or modification/upgrade of system designs. Mechanical Engineer will design, develop, document, and test the subsystems used on military applicaiton.
• Design and analysis of components and subsystems for electromechanical and electrohydraulic systems.
• Support prototype builds, planning, fabrications and documentation.
• Assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
• Work with cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
• Supports the development, test and production activities and directs the supplier to optimize integration and achieve program goals.
• Prepare schematics, diagrams, drawings and reports.
• Participate in program reviews activities and technical reviews.
• Perform testing and prepare test reports for components and subsystems.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor or Master of Science degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering with a minimum of 3 or more years of experience.
• Experience with 3D modeling packages such as Pro Engineer (CREO), AutoCAD, ANSYS preferred but not necessary.
• Knowledgeable in manufacturing methods, fabrication processes (e.g., forming, stamping, machining, heat treatment, instrumentation, data acquisition and control systems).
• Geometric dimensioning, tolerance, and stack-up analysis
• Experience with integration of military systems/standards is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work well within a team effectively.
• Must be able to speak/read/write English.
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. All applicants must be “U.S. persons” within the meaning of ITAR, as defined: a U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent resident, political asylee, or refugee.
Interested parties, please send resume to Email blocked - click to apply (include job title in email subject line) or Fax 310.671.1256 Visit us at marvingroup.com
The Marvin Group is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 424.318.4631.
Metal Heat Treatments