To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV 89503
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 2 months ago
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Senior People Partner, conducts, communicates and coordinates people related programs and activities for assigned employee populations working at IGT’s Reno Campus. Executes processes and practices that support an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, productivity, engagement and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Work with senior management to drive people focused initiatives including integrated talent management, performance management, compensation management, succession planning, and organizational development strategies as we further refine and expand our People and Transformation capabilities and processes.
This person will be able to positively influence change across the organization and must be able to partner with the local leadership team(s) in defining talent needs and developing the scope of related projects. This position requires the ability to set and manage to tight timelines and partner well within the IGT organizations in an ever-changing environment. This position will report to the lead People and Transformation Business Partner for IGT’s Reno campus and will perform the following functions:
• Handle all escalated employee relations issues and concerns and work with internal partners and senior leaders to determine resolutions. Must be experienced with internal investigatory processes and how to ensure outcomes are fair, consistent and compliant with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
• Coach and consult with managers and team members on various people issues by:
- identifying and clarifying problems;
- evaluating and implementing solutions;
- coaching and counseling managers and team members as needed.
• Drive the annual performance and compensation review processes for assigned groups.
• Assist with regular leadership and succession planning sessions and implement action plans to ensure succession ready bench and development of high potentials.
• Support fellow team members on projects that support designated client groups and/or company-wide people focused initiatives.
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in
• Serves as a key point of contact for employee questions and concerns regarding company policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
First Year Goals
• Work closely with assigned employee groups and their management to drive identified strategic and tactical people practices into regular business operations.
• Establish rapport and create open lines of communication across functions and locations. Understand the drivers of employee engagement and work to continuously improve the work environment and organization culture.
• Consult and guide teams on the consistent application of people focused polices and best practices.
• Understand the IGT People Strategy and your role in helping to achieve its objectives.
• 5+ years of related experience with proven expertise in talent management,
workforce planning, change management, organizational development and other strategic people initiatives in the gaming industry or with a product development group
• Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, or other related field required
• Prior experience working for a large corporation supporting 300+ employee group
• Demonstrated success working in a fast paced, matrix environment, with a track record of accomplishments with measurable business impact.
• Experience with creating lasting change through the use of intentional organizational design and development practices.
• Full knowledge of legal implications of the employment relationship.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and utilize data to influence business decisions. Understands where the data sits and how to combine it to support actions and decisions.
• Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and familiarity with continuous improvement practices.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Strong business acumen
- Master's degree a plus
- SPHR or GPHR strongly desired
- Technology industry experience
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.