Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for an Applications Developer to work in our Alexandria, VA office supporting a Real Property Management system development effort. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of data scientists, data engineers, and analysts to conceptualize, design, build, and implement applications that supports a Real Property Management system.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
* Application requirements analysis, development of applications and tools used for design, development and maintenance of infrastructure, and platforms.
* Works to achieve key project/program objectives and deliverables.
* Generate documentation to accompany applications/tools as needed.
* Perform testing/peer review of team developed applications and software.
* Assist in developing testing strategies.
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as: Azure, Power BI, Access, SQL, PostgreSQL, Visual Studio.
* Data visualization and application development using Power Apps, PowerBI, SQL, and PostgreSQL.
* Design and development of software in a microservice architecture.
* Programming languages - .NET and Java
* Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software developed.
* Awareness of critical concepts in Security, DevOps and Agile principles.
* Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
* 6+ years working in the engineering field with experience as an application developer
* Knowledge of ArcGIS or other geospatial software.
Security Clearance Requirement
* An active DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Qualifications, not required.
* Familiarity with Army Real Property concepts and Real Property Information Model, or other DoD property management systems.
* Experience with implementing solutions within cArmy or other DoD cloud environments.
Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company's 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos' name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system - never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
- Agile Methodology
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Cloud Computing
- Data Visualization
- Dev Ops