We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class:
Join the AAP Team and start reimagining the future of automotive retail. We are charged with executing AAP's top-down commitment to enabling our team members and stores to delight our retail and professional customers.
Our customers are professional shops that know what they need and demand accuracy and speed, just like us. Our priorities are all about their satisfaction, trust and loyalty. The CRM Professional Team is responsible for building solutions that make it easier for our Professional customers to do business with AAP and make it easier for our Team Members to serve those customers better than anyone else.
The Salesforce Principal Developer works with Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Salesforce Admins and Technical Delivery Teams to design complex cloud-based solutions using Salesforce and related technologies.
NOTE: OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Contribute to decisions concerning the Team's overall approach and participate meaningfully in the ongoing tactical dialog
- Champion a truly agile, true DevOps, true CI/CD culture here at Advance.
- Own the development and delivery of Salesforce features from inception through production implementation
- Collaborate with team members to ensure Salesforce development teams follow best practices when architecting, programming or documenting solutions. This includes creating standards and documentation. Ensure all development staff follows the same technical standards and guidelines
- Estimate epic and feature sizes using agile relative sizing techniques
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability; determine nature and scope of changes to existing applications for enhancements and other changes
- Work with technical team members to split features into user stories and provide guidance and oversight to delivery team members as they document story detail and acceptance criteria
- Review and provide feedback on detailed technical design
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Experience with Salesforce configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Sales & Community/Experience Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform (Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud are nice to haves)
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, Git (Bitbucket) and DevOps in a Salesforce environment
- Experience in developing solutions for Large Volume Data using Apex and process automations
- Experience in developing custom components using Aura and lightning web components
- Advanced understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects vs. using Salesforce out-of-the-box functionality
- Integration experience using both Web based technologies (SOAP, REST) and Integration/Middleware tools such as MuleSoft
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of experience with Salesforce
- Certified Platform Developer I & II (Required)
- Certified Administrator (Required)
- Certified Platform App Builder (Nice to Have)
- Certified Advanced Administrator (Nice to Have)
- Certified Sales Cloud Consultant (Nice to Have)
- Certified Community Cloud Consultant (Nice to Have)
None officially, to start, but your leadership will be welcomed and recognized.