Cincinnati, OH 45202 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description:Provide administrative and financial services to profit center.
Reports To: Accounting Manager, Operational Finance or Senior Project Accountant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate data entry processes for project specific vendor invoices and prepare multi-project invoices for distribution to central financial center for input and posting.
- Provide administrative duties as related to invoice processing (i.e. vendor setup and updates, sales and use tax reporting, collection and distribution of client tax exempt certificates).
- Distribute subcontractor and vendor invoices to department by organizing daily mail and invoice submissions via email.
- Reconcile large vendor accounts monthly to ensure invoices are being funded.
- Prepare journal entries and distribute to accountant for final review.
- Help prepare Turner owner applications for payment by assisting with compiling all supporting invoice backup.
- Coordinate weekly payroll process and check distributions.
- Maintain check distribution log for checks returned to business unit.
- Other activities, duties, and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree preferred, minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- General knowledge basic accounting principles
- Must be accountable to escalate issues promptly, learn and apply knowledge quickly, and meet deadlines
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, maintain accuracy, and self-check work
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must follow established procedures and execute directions to completion without need of follow up by management
- Must have ood work ethic and integrity, be dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication and general office skills
- Proficient with computer applications and Microsoft Office
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Basic Accounting Principles