To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middleton, WI
- Linzey Weber
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Legal Litigation Intern
Spectrum Brands • Middleton, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Spectrum Brands utilizes a Shared Services model that enables resources to be leveraged across the organization. The Shared Services team is made up of information technology, human resources, indirect sourcing, finance & accounting professionals that support all business units. Shared services teams are headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin but have members across the country.
Reporting to the Litigation Paralegal, the Intern for the Corporate Legal Department will provide legal assistance to the Litigation division's Paralegal and Chief Litigation Counsel, and some direct interaction with business personnel. The position will have the opportunity to work 40 hours per week during the summer months and part time during the school year.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Specific duties may include, but will not be limited to any of the following:
- Process product liability and other types of claims, suits, subpoenas, governmental notices and the like.
- Potential Long-term projects regarding management and analysis of claims, their handling, processes and procedures in an inhouse corporate legal setting.
- Preparation of legal instruments, memorandums, and assistance in document production associated with pending litigation.
- Some administrative work will be assigned.
Education and Experience Profile
- First or second year law student at an ABA accredited law school, with relevant coursework and/or experience required OR a final term paralegal student at an ABA accredited program.
- Previous office/work experience in a corporate setting is strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter; able to work independently.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Motivated, energetic.
- Excellent computer skills within the Microsoft Suite.
- Dependable, good work ethic.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.