You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Ian's Pizza Madison - Shift Leader
About Ian's Pizza
On Halloween of 2001, we opened our first shop in Madison, WI. Mac n' cheese pizza was basically unheard of back then (sources not cited), and we were blasting Emo tunes like the angsty young'uns we were. But it's 2023, and our little restaurant franchise is all grown up now!
We now have 9 shops total between Madison, Milwaukee, Denver, and Seattle. Pies are flying out of our ovens for lunch crowds, dinner rushes, and late-night munchies. We prioritize our people and communities, recognizing that without them, we're nothing! Between the collaborations with local nonprofits and our career opportunities and benefits, we are constantly working on living up to our goal of being the People's Pizza.
Shift Leader Job Duties and Expectations
You'll be the "big cheese" on shift! Overseeing all aspects of a shift, you're in charge of ensuring accurate and timely order completion, high food quality, excellent customer service, thorough shift task checklist completion, solid and well-assigned staffing. You will also help with training new staff and implementing any new programs, policies, or products introduced by the managers. There are staff, team, and trainer meetings, and you are expected to attend. We use Google Docs, Calendar, Drive, etc so you'll be expected to learn these tools and use 'em!
Here's what you need to be a success at Ian's...
- Embrace and embody Ian's Standards for Customer Service and respect.
- Learn what to prioritize and when to ask for help. Communicate well and often.
- Keep busy even when no one is watching to get the job done.
- Arrive on time, ready to go, and follow through on tasks.
- Practice generosity with your time and bring positive energy to the shift.
- Is cross-trained in, or has a solid understanding of, all restaurant departments.
- 6+ months experience in food service or customer service strongly preferred.
- Comfortable and able to handle large sums of money.
- English language proficiency is required for the Shift Lead position.
- Be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Be able to bend, crouch, and lift up to 20-50 lbs.
- Be able to use ovens, pizza cutters, and other equipment of the business.
- Must be 18+ to apply.
9-5 is a Dolly Parton song, not a job at Ian's Pizza. We're looking for people with availability for at least 1 weekend shift and 1 late night shift. Opening shifts typically start 1-2 hours before opening time, and closing shifts typically end 1-2 hours after closing time. Please check our website at ianspizza.com for our most up-to-date hours. Part time (less than 30 hours a week) or full time (30-40 hours a week) hours are available.
Wages and Other Benefits
At the end of the 2 week pay period, if your base wage ($14.50/hour + $2/hour additional for any time after 10pm) and tips have not averaged to at least $16 an hour or more, we will pay the rest. You are guaranteed to make at least $16/hour. PERIOD. But you certainly can make more than that!
- Referral bonuses ($250 per referral).
- Amazing tips, for real.
- Flexible schedules.
- A fun, friendly work environment.
- Shift meal (FREE PIZZA).
- 40% off-shift food discounts, 25% off of deliveries.
- Health and Dental Care for FT employees after the first 90 days of employment.
- Up to 3% matching Simple IRA for PT and FT employees.
- PTO accrual for PT and FT employees based on hours worked starting Day 1.
- Sick & Mental Health Time accrual for PT and FT employees starting Day 1.
- Profit sharing for 5+ year employees and leadership positions.
- Lots of advancement and career development opportunities. Just ask!
- Customer Service
- Food Quality
- Restaurant Operation
- Google Docs
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34gbyv
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.