Avante at Boca Raton Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is seeking a Part-time Housekeeper to perform the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards as may be directed by the Housekeeping/Laundry Services Supervisor and/or the Administrator to ensure the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and comfortable manner.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions and specific tasks as assigned; clean, wash, polish, sanitize, deodorize and disinfect all areas and items in the facility including furnishings, fixtures, ashtrays, trash bins, windows, mirrors, floors, carpets, walls, ceilings, that work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner, clearly marked with caution or safety signs as required; ensure work areas are free of all hazardous objects and that all equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored at all times; ensure all established Universal Precautions and infection control, isolation, fire, safety and sanitation practices and procedures are maintained and followed when performing housekeeping duties; and, promptly report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the Housekeeping/Laundry Services Supervisor and/or the Administrator.
- Maintain resident confidentiality; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; and, know and comply with Residents' Rights rules. Ability to communicate with residents and personnel and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed; report all incidents and accidents to the Director of Housekeeping and Laundry Services; and, coordinate daily housekeeping services with other departments when performing routine laundry assignments.
- Attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service educational activities and staff meetings and participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
- Ensure that equipment, work and supply carts are properly cleaned and stored; ensure that an adequate level of housekeeping and linen supplies is maintained at all times and advise the Director of Housekeeping and Laundry Services of supply needs; ensure that all lighting is in proper working order at all times; and, assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies or articles as requested.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must speak and understand English;
- Positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Must be a High School Graduate.
- Previous experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Ability to read and write in English, ability to communicate with personnel and ability to understand and follow training and in-service education.
Avante at Boca Raton
1130 NW 15th Street
Boca Raton, FL 33486
Avante provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, Veterans' status, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender, genetic information or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal requirements, Avante complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Avante expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, Veterans' status or any other category protected by law. Improper interference with the ability of Avante's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline, up to and including, discharge.
Clean Trash Container
Use Vacuum Cleaner