$65000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
Our client, a locally owned, growing West Des Moines organization is hiring an Accounting Manager / Controller. Work directly with the CFO and lead the accounting operations team. This is a hands on role with traditional monthly responsibilities and special projects peppered in. The organization has a number of tenured employees, describes itself as family friendly with a great culture and has casual plus dress environment. BS in Accounting, at least 7 years of experience and 2 years supervisory experience required. to $75K Interviews on 6/25/2019!!! For IMMEDIATE and CONFIDENTIAL consideration, please call Terra Williams at 515.244.441 referencing JO# 01500-0011040629
- Analyze, apply and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Support punctual cash collection by managing the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Guide all operations of the finance department, including accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Assess deliverables of self and team to verify they meet client expectations
- Manage the production of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance,
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Strong familiarity with Dynamics GP
- Comprehensive knowledge of month end closings
- Excellent attention to detail
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.