GDIT’s Early Career Program is designed with you in mind! Our new graduate opportunities are intended for recent college graduates with 0-1 year of professional work experience. At GDIT, every day, we influence how the government serves the country and its citizens. Starting your career with GDIT, allows you the opportunity to be a part of critical missions that don’t just shape the world, but the individual.
GDIT is seeking a Network Engineer Associate (New Grad) in Arlington, VA.
The Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining network devices (switches, routers) of data and communications networks as part of the Network Team.
1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 0-2 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
1. Basic knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network analysis and design.
2. Basic knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
3. Basic knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
4. May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
Active Top Secret Clearance #EarlyTalent
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.