About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) provides a variety of architectural and engineering consulting services including capital project management, energy management, and building commissioning for educational, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their assets are optimized and their costs appropriately managed. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the market place. You'll be working with a dynamic team with an impressive track record with $7 Billion in projects commissioned, 125+ LEED Projects, $10 Billion in capital projects managed and over $1 Billion in energy savings. (www.aramarktechservices.com)
The Construction Project Manager (PM) manages projects from inception through design, bidding, construction, and closeout. This position is responsible to manage the work of Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and other project consultants. It is this individual's responsibility to ensure the requisite levels of non-resident and resident support from various technical support groups are scheduled and utilized in the support of capital projects. The PM is expected to have responsibility for directly managing capital projects as well as monitor projects' cost and schedule to meet or exceed the expectations of the Client.
The Construction PM also acts as a liaison for Aramark to the Client's organization and is responsible to collaborate with senior members of the organization to assist with implementation of strategic capital planning processes. This position values diversity by working effectively with people from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Manage projects such as additions, refurbishments, remodels, and new construction on Client properties. Clients range from, but not limited to, higher education, healthcare facilities, business, industry, sports facilities, and resorts as assigned.
- Management would include schematic planning through design, construction and closeout. Manage diverse group of constituents to initiate and deliver projects of high quality, balancing budget and schedule parameters.
- Conduct feasibility analysis for project requests and prepare comprehensive project budgets and schedules.
- Coordinate technical activities on assigned projects.
- Solicit and review consultant and contractor proposals.
- Manage consultants and contractors to meet project parameters as contracted.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct project meetings during conceptual, design, and construction phases.
- Prepare and manage project programs, budgets, and schedules.
- Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes, industry standards, best practices, Aramark standards, and contract requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and provide creative solutions pertaining to engineering, design, and construction means, methods, and materials
- Expected to have basic technical engineering (mechanical, plumbing, electrical) knowledge and awareness of details in order to be able to recognize when problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination among the internal and external participants and stakeholders.
- Manage collection and filing of information pertaining to planning, design, pre-construction, agency approvals, construction documentation, and closeout packages, for corporate and client records.
- Recommend appropriate design and construction legal documents and contractual terms and conditions.
- Coordinate project activities with client departments such as Facilities Management, IT, Public Safety, EHS, Regulatory Affairs, Development, Events, and Senior Administration to ensure all parties are well-informed and that work proceeds on schedule with minimal impact.
- Research, prepare, and present reports and presentations as requested.
- Coordinate project training, turnover, and close-out activities
- Maintain archival system including organization of documents electronically within web-based PM software.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and expertise in working with diverse groups of individuals and building partnerships.
- Ability to assess and identify appropriate project resources and consultant needs across a variety of project types
- Ability to establish priority needs in order to provide a high level of service to multiple clients at multiple locations
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral, capable of addressing large audiences including executives; board and cabinet members; faculty, staff and students; professional constituents and the general public.
- Exceptional judgment, integrity and discretion, and demonstrated ability to manage diverse personnel, think strategically, and delivery tactically.
- Extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring/tracking/reporting
- Working knowledge of permitting and inspection process
- Working knowledge of health inspection review and process for dining facilities
- Working knowledge of hazardous materials, identification, and remediation means & methods
- Working knowledge of ICRA and associated parameters to manage construction within healthcare facilities
- Must be able to travel 20-50%
- Minimum of 5-10 years of demonstrated success in leading projects through planning, design, construction, and closeout
- Planning and scenario development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in architecture, planning, engineering, or construction-related program
- Experience in Higher Education, Healthcare, or Industrial markets a plus