To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rapid City, SD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Licensed Practical Nurse Neurosurgery Western Hills Professional Building Full Time
Regional Health • Rapid City, SD
Posted 1 month ago
If you are a current employee, please apply via the internal career site by logging into your Workday Account and clicking the "Career" icon on your homepage.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Job SummaryThe Licensed Practical Nurse II utilizes a progressive, cooperative effort to provide patient care to promote safety, quality and satisfaction as authorized by licensed personnel, within his/her scope of practice. Plans, coordinates and provides total patient care specific to diagnosis and age of patients served on a continuing basis, to obtain optimum health for patient and family, in accordance with accepted hospital standards and policy and the South Dakota Nurse Practice Act.
● Assists with patient/family teaching.
● Assists with the admission assessment process, as evidenced by chart review/observation/audit, using appropriate age-specific criteria.
● Contributes to the individualized problem list/plan of care.
● Contributes to the ongoing assessment of assigned patients, recognizes changes in the patient’s health status on a daily basis.
● Demonstrates the ability to appropriately assess patients, apply clinical interventions, evaluate outcomes, and implement change to the plan of care.
● Performs nursing procedures and treatments according to nursing and unit specific standards, as evidenced by documentation and observation.
● Communicates effectively and conscientiously with all team members to share information and independently solve problems in a positive results oriented manner as evidenced by observation.
● Completes pre-procedure briefing and health status data when scheduled, as evidenced by chart review and observation.
● Consistently keeps patient flow running smoothly. Demonstrates the ability to make patient care decisions based on the urgency of individual needs.
Education - Associates in Related Field
Certifications - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - South Dakota Board of Nursing; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certified - American Heart Association (AHA)
Work Experience - 1+ years Healthcare Experience; 1+ years Licensed Practical Nurse ExperiencePhysical Requirements:
Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Make a difference. Every day.
Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.