$80000.00 to $100000.00 yearly
New year, new job?
Robert Half is looking for a Senior Accountant for permanent employment in the Petaluma, California area. As a Senior Accountant, your duties will include financial statement preparation for multiple entities, GL account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, bank account reconciliation and review of entries prepared by the AP team. This position offers a great long-term growth potential, including a strong compensation package for the candidate. We are currently looking for an individual who possess excellent analytical skills and thrives working in a challenging and fast-paced environment while contributing to company growth.
Our preference is to have someone in the office daily, but are open to candidates seeking a hybrid schedule.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Produce error-free monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables such as journal entries, reconciliations, reports in compliance with GAAP
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Coordinate Ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Analyze financial information and report on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Produce monthly consolidated P& L and Balance Sheet flux analysis
- Offer involvement in various department-wide initiatives
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3+ years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with a multi-entity or multi-location business
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills highly desired
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- ERP system experience and Microsoft 365 skills desired. Must have intermediate Excel.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Skilled at time management
- Deep understanding of general ledger
- Adjusting Journal Entries experience highly desired
- Background working with bank reconciliations
- Previous experience working with financial statement preparation
- Comprehension of Sales Tax
- Earlier work involving Credit Card Reconciliation
- Journal entries experience
- Experience with Prepaid Expense
For immediate consideration, please call Amanda Howell at
after applying to this job.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr. Accountant
for more information.
- Attention To Detail
- Bank Reconciliation
- Cash Management