To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midland, TX 79707
- Laura Holt
- Phone: 682-803-0420
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Custom Truck One Source • Midland, TX
Posted 26 days ago
Coordinates and schedules service work in the service department in an organized, professional manner, and sells additional needed service to customers. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Assists in the initiation of contact of sales and other staff with existing and potential customers, identifying their needs. Maintain maintenance files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules appointments using approved forms.
- Assigns sequence numbers to each customer's repair order.
- Communicates with service customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problem(s).
- Obtains customer and vehicle data.
- Advises customers on the care of their trucks and equipment and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications, using maintenance menus if applicable.
- If additional work is needed, explains the details to the customer, including the additional cost and tie considerations.
- Indicates on the repair order the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in. Repair orders MUST legible.
- Provides estimates for labor and parts. If the cost of service cannot be established during reception, leave open and contact the customer later by phone for approval.
- Establishes each customer's method of payment. Obtain approval of credit, if necessary.
- Establish time promised. Check with technician responsible for work distribution.
- Obtains customer's signature on repair order; provides customer with a copy.
- Follows up on progress of each repair order during the day. Contacts customers by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate or time promised. Records changes on repair order in approved fashion.
- Handles telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments.
- Compare final invoice with original repair order.
- Maintains follow-up program on additional items found in need of repair.
- Keeps quick pricing guides, signals checklists, maintenance menus and other service department forms and references up-to-date.
- Inspects all vehicles for body work, notifies the customer that the work is needed and provides an estimate for body work.
- Participates in all available training programs.
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of Safety Policy.
- Computer and software proficiency and can quickly adapt to new systems.
- Excellent listening skills and communicator.
- Follows verbal and written communications and communicates effectively with public, customers, co-workers and Owners in a professional and courteous manner both orally and in writing.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to interface well with all customers, and all departments of the Company and to represent the location in a highly professional manner.
- Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes, OSHA Right-To-Know, etc.
- Ensures that all documents are accounted for.
- Accomplishes the forecast for the service that has been established by the location manager.
- Responsive to management requests, and manages time efficiently.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, capable of self-checking work.
- Ability to learn.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience involving serving as a service writer with strong mechanical knowledge of repairs, costs, times to accomplish work of heavy duty trucks and equipment. Must have a strong mechnical aptitude, ability to work with Service Technicians to create building repair estimates, and ability to talk through difficult technicial issues. Work requires continual attention to detail in establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access. Excellent planning, organizational skills and priority setting skills. Well-developed interpersonal and communications skills. Professional appearance and manner, business casual. Ability to learn new software to compliment this function.