Requisition ID: 149180
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit has an immediate opening for a Senior Civil Engineer to join the engineering team in Lenexa, KS. The Senior Civil Engineer will lead a team in site development for a wide variety of projects and industries. The successful candidate will bring energy, enthusiasm, and a focus on collaboration while providing administrative, technical, quality, and safety leadership for the engineers and designers of their teams.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service consulting and engineering firm. Our combined staff of more than 1,800 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our Lenexa based civil engineering group is comprised of professional engineers and designers with best-in-class technical expertise and resources developed to support diverse engineering designs across multiple markets.
Our involvement in projects varies from partnering with outside firms to leading design as the engineer of record, but our mission remains unchanged: collaborate with Kiewit’s construction teams and bring a construction-driven engineering focus to produce safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
• Lead site civil design tasks and teams, acting as responsible engineer in charge as needed.
• Supervise, mentor and evaluate junior staff.
• Oversee creation of surface models utilizing Civil3D and/or other similar design software.
• Lead interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are accounted for.
• Create preliminary design concepts and alternatives to support cost estimating.
• Lead project technical meetings and provide coordination to resolve design issues.
• Execute final design of project elements such as grading and earthwork design, hydrology and hydraulics, roadway design, and overall site design.
• Lead the Designers in the use of data driven design to make intelligent decisions on design solutions and process.
• Develop permit and third-party strategies for projects from the early stages of development through completion of approvals and agreements. This may include:
• Environmental permits
• Drainage permitting both permanent and temporary modifications
• General Municipality requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering minimum required.
• 7+ years of civil engineering design experience
• Strong technical background in general site civil design, drainage systems, grading and roads/paving.
• Knowledgeable in multiple engineering design software. ACAD Civil 3D experience is a must.
• Licensed Professional Engineer with NCEES record preferable.
• Familiarity with design-build/EPC is preferred.
• Industrial, municipal water, and solar experience is a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Auto Cad
- Civil Engineering
- Drainage Systems