SAIC is seeking a .Net Aeronautical Software Engineer for Aeronautical Data Processing Tools that will be utilized across a broad range of U.S. Army aviation platforms. The position will require software development for Navigation Database Image Compilers for qualification under the standards of RTCA DO-330 in support of the customer’s RTCA DO-200B program.
This position is located in Huntsville, AL
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develop Aeronautical Data Tools to convert Type 1 Aeronautical Data into Type 2 Aeronautical Data IAW customer specifications.
- Developing documented, reliable, well-tested, extensible and maintainable code.
- Performing software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines.
- Interpreting and analyzing requirements obtained/derived from customers.
- Reviewing, verifying and/or validating system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- Leading technical decisions and directing software developers.
- Other activities include working with System Engineers and test teams, as well as supporting demonstrations, test events and development of system documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field, and 5+ years of experience.
Clearance: Must be a US citizren & eligible for a Secret Security Clearance
- Minimum (2) years of experience working on RTCA DO-330 compliant development projects.
- Experience working on .NET desktop applications and a strong understanding of object-oriented development.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a team development environment.
- Working knowledge of RTCA DO-200B requirements.
- Experience with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Digital Aeronautical Flight Information File (DAFIF) edition 8.1.
- Understanding of instrument flight procedures.
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile applications development.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Aeronautical Software Engineer
or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Aeronautical Software Engineer
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Android (Operating System)