Customer Service Representative
Baltimore Regional Office
6711 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MD 21046
Want to work for a company where doing good is what we do?
The feeling is mutual.
- Conduct professional telephone conversations to service existing accounts in a high call volume environment
- Problem-solve and use time effectively to multitask and prioritize work
- Work well with others in a team setting
- Gain customer trust and respect by establishing and maintaining effective relationships
- Meet production goals, as shown through policies written and Amica Life referral
A starting annual salary of $39,200. The 40-hour schedule will be Monday through Friday between the core hours of 8 AM and 5 PM, with the potential to work holidays and a few Saturdays per year.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Previous customer service and sales experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer keyboard and processing skills
- Previous insurance background is a plus, but not required
- After hire, employees will be required to obtain a state insurance license and meet continuing education requirements to maintain their license (comprehensive training will be provided)
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status, genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.