Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Are you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace that allows you to:
• Develop a career track
• Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
• Work with an incredible team of people
Sunbelt Rentals--the fastest growing rental business in North America--is seeking a Sales Representative. As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for generating profitable business from the range of equipment that your profit center specializes in. You will do this by developing your assigned territory, implementing sales plans to grow business and maintain current customer base, and by helping to build the national Sunbelt branding identity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calls on management representatives such as facilities managers, engineers, project managers, and other professional and technical personnel at construction, commercial, industrial and other establishments to convince prospective client of desirability and practicability of products and services offered
- Travels throughout entire assigned sales region to call on existing and new customers to understand needs and solicit orders
- Prospects, identifies and qualifies future customers in person, over the phone and arranges scheduled binder presentations to establish new accounts
- Develops and exploits new and existing markets to increase revenue. Cultivates territory by cold calling on targeted customer base and follows up on company generated leads
- Effective communication must be demonstrated as both written, verbal skills and dealing and closing skills are important to the success of this position
- Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates
- Tracks bid results and reviews monthly rentals and sales of equipment to provide feedback as to the overall success and effectiveness to Regional Manager
- Identifies customer needs and prepares a proposal and presentation of our services that will partner with the customer to meet their needs
- Coordinates with Regional Manager when not available to maintain effective customer coverage
- Supports service by participating in delivering and installing equipment for our customers (as needed)
- Learns all technical aspects of equipment, function and appropriate applications
- Provides technical service and training to customers relating to use, operation and maintenance of equipment
- Assists the billing department to help secure customer payment for sales
- Occasional overnight travel or irregular work schedule at certain times of the year (as needed)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- This position requires a strong technical or mechanical background along with the ability to learn engineering concepts. Also required is the maintenance of a driving record free from points or tickets.
- A four-year college level degree is preferred for this position or one to two years of experience in the sales/service industry.
- Experience with Floor care equipment is preferred.
- Rental sales experience is preferred.
The physical demands of this role require bending, squatting, crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.
Gear up for an exciting career!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.