req4916Clinical Nurse II Intensive Care Unit (FT nights)
Full Time, 0.9; Shift hours: 1900-0730 Weekend and Holiday rotation required
NorthBay Medical Center
As a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit you will be expected to provide safe, effective, quality, excellent nursing care to our high acuity ICU level patients following Jean Watson’s Theory of Caring, the Relationship Based Care, and the NorthBay’s professional nursing practice model. You will assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for all patients assigned to your care. You will also use a therapeutic professional communication style with the patient and their family along with your interdisciplinary team to facilitate the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health for the patient. The NorthBay Way principles consisting of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence are values exhibited daily.
To qualify for this position you need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional registered nursing.
- Nursing degree of BSN level or higher is required. (excludes grandfathered
License and Certification:
- Valid, current and unencumbered RN license issued by the State of California.
- Current AHA or AHA equivalent BLS and ACLS
- Telemetry certification within 3 months of employment
- TNCC certification once in nursing career (must show proof if taken prior to coming to NorthBay Healthcare) or within 18 months of date of hire.
- National Certification in Critical Care preferred
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum six month’s acute care (hospital) experience, one year in ICU preferred.
- Competent in providing skilled registered nursing care to ICU level patients
- Demonstrates skills in the areas including but not limited to: patient assessment, safe utilization of medications, and arrhythmia interpretation.
- Capable of working independently
- Proficient written, verbal, and electronic communication skills.
- All RNs in the Patient Care Services Department are required to wear Graphite (Dark Gray) colored scrubs per the professional appearance policy.