To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2001 Wharf Road
Sparrows Point, MD 21219
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Holcim (US) Inc. A member of LafargeHolcim • Sparrows Point, MD
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To supervise the daily activities of the hourly personnel in the Maintenance Department (mechanical and electrical) while meeting all plant Safety, Quality and Environmental objectives. The incumbent must apply solid supervisory skills as well as technical expertise (mechanical and electrical) to improve plant reliability and performance including rate, availability, OEE and MTBF, while minimizing the use of third party services.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Demonstrates proactive involvement and commitments with achieving a safe working environment as well as meeting the safety indicators for the department and plant.
- Responsible to insure that safe work practices are being followed by direct reports. Promote safety with all other employees and outside contractors.
- Responsible for promoting electrical and mechanical safety and safe work practices in the workplace with subordinates.
- Focus in improvement in overall plant housekeeping in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for initiating the department daily activities, including assurance of adequate Field Risk Assessments and required permits, and any other company policy requirements.
- Responsible for scheduling and execution of all regulatory maintenance related activities in a timely manner and with adequate record keeping.
- Responsible for preparation and execution of a 13 week maintenance schedule, associated Work Orders in SAP, including corrective and preventive activities.
- Responsible for the coordination of all afterhours maintenance activities (planned or unplanned), involving own personnel or third party service.
- Responsible for maintaining the SAP notification system.
- Responsible for supervising the electrical and mechanical technicians in the execution of daily work orders and projects assigned.
- Responsible to promote electrical and mechanical preventive and predictive maintenance programs. The supervisor shall assess the condition of the process and machinery accurately, assess risk and identify the appropriate corrective actions based on technical analysis and risk management.
- Responsible for the accurate documentation of electrical and mechanic schematics and stores spare parts inventory.
- Maintain system documentation including but not limited to master equipment files, regulatory compliance files, equipment specifications, and repair history, and SAP maintenance module.
- Reliable plant electrical and instrumentation equipment operation
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Assist production department with electrical & instrumentation problems
- Work with maintenance team to execute preventive and predictive maintenance program
- Work with management team in improving the plant control system and instrumentation
- Work closely with plant team improve and maintain plant housekeeping
- Be available for shift work as per plant need.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Additional Education Preferred: Associates/College Degree
Preferred field of study: Mechanical, electrical experience preferred
Required Work Experience: 3-5 years
Travel Requirements: 0 – 5%
Computer and Software Skills: Familiar with using a computer and basic software such as email program. SAP experience
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to work self-directed
- Flexible, able to adjust to changing priorities
- Sets and possess high work standards
- Experience on the tools and supervisory role
- Knowledge of industrial safety techniques and practices
- Knowledge of industrial maintenance best practices and techniques
- Experience working in a union environment
- Ability to work in an industrial environment that may include dust, heat, loud noise, etc.
- Experience working in cement, mining, steel or similar industries is desirable