Job ID: 154939
Come join Dolomite Products Co., Inc., a CRH Company, and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout CRH. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands-on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
Complete responsibility for sales and marketing of all aggregate and asphalt materials / construction products in our Southern Tier territory as defined by the geographic area of Allegany, Cattaraugus, West Steuben and South Livingston counties.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
General Sales Duties:
- Comprehensive sales, marketing, and promotion of all Dolomite products and services to a customer list of commercial and municipal accounts. Develop potential new accounts.
- Follow up on all sales quotes and collection procedures for those accounts.
- Accurate pricing of products based on given cost factors. Work closely with the construction division on in-place opportunities.
- Keeping fully abreast of the current market conditions and the activities of competitors.
- Developing and strengthening relations with all customers and hauling sub-contractors.
- Provide a high level of "customer service" to all customers.
- Calculate haul costs and coordinate with internal trucking and sub-contractors to best serve the customers that require delivery of our products.
- Accurate and timely preparation of various paperwork, including formal quotes and entries into Salesforce (our customer relations management program), per CRH standards.
- Conduct regular visits to job sites, customer offices and large infrastructure owners.
Municipal Sales Duties:
- Prepare annual aggregate and asphalt bids for the counties in the territory.
- Measure, calculate volumes, trucking and crew requirements for asphalt and rip rap projects in the territory.
- Coordination with the construction division for DOT Quick Quotes and specific in-place quotes with the municipalities in the territory.
- Become an active member in the County and Town Highway Superintendent Associations by attending luncheons, association functions, volunteering for positions on their boards and generally developing relationships with the members and the leadership of those organizations.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to Dolomite policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Associates degree, plus five years relevant construction materials experience or equivalent combination.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation to and from the job site.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Have proficient computer skills with web based applications and standard office type programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. . The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Dolomite Products Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Occupational Safety And Health