Kforce has a client in Bradley, Illinois (IL) that is searching for a highly-analytical and detail-orientated Cost Analyst to join their procurement team.
You will be responsible for preparing statements and reports, overseeing audit files, attending meetings to provide financial feedback to management. The role of a Cost Analyst is to examine and manage the expenses of a company's spending. These highly-analytical specialists study a company's costs and report analysis to management. Their main tasks include tracking project budgets, establishing product cost, and analyzing changes in company costs.
As the Cost Analyst, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting and cost-management systems, as well as basic computer software. The successful candidate will also be an excellent communicator, with superb presentation and problem-solving skills.
- Review major spending excel reports and determine similarities in spending across different lines of business, vendors and product
- When necessary, offer analytical support for departmental projects
- Coordinate with management to ensure cost forecasting reports are consistently checked and applied
- Examine data to help with reducing cost in all operations
- Analyze the market and identify opportunities for growth and potential risks
- Contribute in developing yearly operation plans, budgets, and estimating new product costs, including economic analysis
- Give suggestions for money-saving strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or relevant field
- Between 3-5 years of proven experience as an analyst in supply chain or finance
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Aptitude to succeed in a stressful and deadline-oriented environment
- Very experienced understanding of Information Systems and in MS Excel (Pivot tables/VLOOKUP's/Reporting)
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.