To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Truliant Federal Credit Union • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose of the Job
A Collector I is responsible for the collection of payments from members with delinquent loans or overdraft balances.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the collection or adjustment of delinquent member loans and credit cards and collection of overdraft balances.
- Interviews members by telephone and in person to provide credit information.
- Negotiates methods of payment or settlement and follow up appropriately when payment arrangements have not been met.
- Monitors member accounts and identifies delinquent signals.
- Performs file maintenance on accounts as needed, changes addresses, telephone numbers, transfers funds at members request or when needed for payment.
- Provides loan and credit card verification for credit reporting and other financial institution on accounts being handled by the collection department.
- Follows up on other matters related to delinquent loans including forced place insurance, credit life and credit disability insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have sound understanding of standard concepts, practices, procedures, regulations and compliance within the collections environment
- Knowledge of collection procedures, bankruptcy concepts, and repossessions and recovery is preferred
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must be able to show persistence, determination and tact
- Must be able to maintain objectivity and emotional stability under pressure
- Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be able to work in a general office environment
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required
- Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision
- Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Must have basic personal computer skills
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years related experience in collections or related field preferred