The Lansing Facility is seeking a Warehouse Clerk who will pull raw materials and finished goods to the appropriate Warehouse distribution clerk upon request in a timely manner. Maintain an organized and clean warehouse. Accurately track material movements in and out of the warehouse by making the appropriate entries into the computer. Responsible for the inventory accuracy of his/her assigned warehouse zone.
How you will impact WestRock
- Receives and pulls raw materials for the warehouse distribution group.
- Keeps accurate records of all moves and adjustments for MM System.
- Performs an accurate inventory cycle count in a set period
- Responsible for troubleshooting all inaccuracies that occur and be ready to explain the cause and fix.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of operations and procedures in all Production Departments.
- Completes training and maintains license for Drexel Swing Mast Fork Lift.
- Handles chemical solvents in accordance with trained standards.
- Handles hazardous materials in accordance with trained standards.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
What you need to succeed
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstruction and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have basic personal computer skills.
- Must be able to answer the telephone and provide information/assistance to customers.
- Must have working knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including, but not limited to, telephone communication, office systems and record keeping.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
- Office Procedures
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Problem Solving
- Stock Control