ERM is seeking a Senior Health and Safety Consultant/Project Manager to join our growing EHS Management Systems and Compliance technical team in the greater Washington, DC, Annapolis, MD or Richmond, VA area. In this role, you will provide project management and technical assistance on health and safety compliance projects, safety management systems, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and compliance assurance programs for clients locally, nationally, and internationally. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging EHS management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM's national EHS Management Systems and Compliance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide project management oversight and technical assistance on safety-related compliance projects, safety management system development and implementation, safety oversight, industrial hygiene monitoring, and safety auditing.
- Develop safety procedures, plans, permits, and reports.
- Assess regulatory compliance across various safety programs and environmental media.
- Perform compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Design and implement safety management systems and programs for clients.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Provide on-site EHS compliance support at client facilities.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS in safety engineering, occupational health & safety, environmental science, industrial hygiene, or related discipline. MS preferred.
- Experience managing EHS projects of moderate complexity.
- 5 to 10 years of health & safety field experience in industrial environments, preferably in process plants.Pharmaceutical, manufacturing, or chemical sector experience desired.
- Professional registrations/certifications (CIH, ASP/CSP, CHMM, OHST, PMP), or aspirations to obtain, preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA General Industry and/or Construction standards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide detailed regulatory interpretation of federal and state OSHA regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, MS Office computer, and analytical skills; experienced in writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Experience maintaining corporate management standards (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer). Expertise in EHS management systems (ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001, or ISO 14001) a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 40%, with a travel schedule based on project and client need.
- Auditing experience desired but not required.
The typical hiring range for this role is ($87,000 to $102,000). This is the typical hiring range we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employees pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. This job is also eligible for bonus pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through 6380795741713 or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Companys sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the worlds leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our boots to boardroom approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Collective Bargaining