The Lead Driver is responsible for operating a straight truck to transport life-saving medical products to our local customers. The Lead Driver plays a critical role in building positive relationships with our customers by ensuring timely, accurate, and safe deliveries.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Encourage success of the local transportation team - serving as a motivator and resource to drivers.
- Serve as a liaison between the local transportation team and management - communicating goals to drivers and escalating information to management when needed.
- Load and secure product from the Medline Facility into a truck.
- Safely operate a Class A or Class B vehicle between the Medline Facility and multiple customer destinations on a delivery route. Abide by Medline%26rsquo;s safety regulations, including wearing safety equipment where needed, performing safety checks, etc.
- Unload and deliver product at our customer facilities, ensuring timely deliveries.
- Provide in-person support to the customer - addressing their questions and needs and providing appropriate documentation upon delivery.
- Communicate with dispatching team regarding necessary adjustments to delivery route or schedule in order to meet customer needs and maintain safe operations.
- Maintain a travel and cargo log in accordance with Federal and State regulations and company policy.
- Perform inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operation and sufficient fuel levels for continued vehicle use.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years tractor trailer driving experience
- Class A CDL; Licensed to operate assigned vehicle.
- Ability to meet Federal and State requirements for operation of commercial motor vehicles.
- Clean driving record with no serious violations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Demand Planning
- Freight Forwarding
- Personal Protective Equipment