Chewy is hiring a Copy Manager on the Merchandising Systems and Services team (MSS). The Merchandising Systems and Services Team (MSS) team is responsible for creating the systems, services and the process infrastructure for all Chewy businesses. Our team's mission is to be the backbone for Chewy's Business/Category teams, helping win long-term customer trust, business growth and profitability. We own the Pricing, Catalog/Content and Vendor Systems & Services that have automation, product, program and operational components. Chewy is looking for a technically adept, problem-solving leader who will have the opportunity to build/improve/scale our product copy. Your focus will be on keeping the Chewy product catalog Best-In-Class. You will wear multiple hats, always be focused on solving complex problems, starting up programs and tooling up for the future. You will partner with leadership in a high-paced and heavily cross-functional environment.
You have extensive experience supporting consumer brands and have successfully led writing teams. You are able to communicate a vision to your team & partners with clarity and conviction. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, engaged, and have a passion for pets and pet parents. You'll have to be a diplomat, a thought leader, and have a strong creative writing skillset.
What you'll do:
* Lead a team of Copywriters-3rd party-to provide Chewy-voiced copy for all new products published to Chewy.com as well as updates for existing products.
* Oversee projects from concept to completion and ensure quality is up to brand standards.
* You will own the Chewy voice for Merchandising product copy and keep our content consistent and consistently informational.
* Take on ad hoc projects.
What you'll need:
* 7+ years of experience in a high-volume agency or retailer.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and meet deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills; you'll need to be a team player and a positive and innovative thinker.
* Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently in support of Merhandising goals and Chewy's business objectives.
* Constant pursuit of ways to scale production while keeping Chewy product content best-in-class.
- Business Planning
- Creative Writing
- Infrastructure Management
- Interpersonal Skills