To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boca Raton, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
The GEO Group, Inc. • Boca Raton, FL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for assisting business units in analyzing, designing, developing, testing, documenting, and implementing technological solutions. Performs initial analysis and design of business requirements. Takes initiative supporting existing systems and coordinating the analysis and design of automated solutions to business problems or applications. Develops solutions which provide cost savings for the organization.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex analysis and design for various business applications and requirements.
- Consults with end-users to identify, analyze, and document business needs and requirements; writes functional specifications; develops timelines; and resolves issues within the business system
- Ensures customer acceptance by soliciting their involvement on designs, functionality, and testing.
- Maintains communications with end-users to ensure systems continually meet their expectations.
- Prepares data models, functional flow diagrams and specifications, and other documentation as required by departmental standards and methodologies.
- Researches, recommends, and implements relational data base systems to support standardized business processes.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Assists in the formation of enterprise system deployment strategies and promotes methodology utilization.
- Provides 24-hour support for designated applications.
- Assists with the detailed project planning efforts on larger projects and may act as a project manager on smaller development efforts.
- Prepares and presents feasibility studies and coordinates technology deliverables and status reports to end-users. Presents timelines to the appropriate management for review throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintains and monitors access and terminations of Security Access Request (SARS) procedures for the ERP System for end-users.
- Provides data for audit procedures in order to remain Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Creates various reports utilizing query tools and other applications for management.
- Prepares, coordinates, and assists with customer training and documentation for installation of systems and their upgrades.
- Participates in ongoing professional development to enhance technical skills, communications skills, business knowledge, and knowledge of information systems products and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budget process.
- Understands and follows all policies, procedures, and controls as they relate to Sarbanes-Oxley and Information Systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Four (4) years of information technology/business process analysis and application experience.
- Demonstrated experience as it related to the business unit applications and software that the position supports.
- Ability to provide functional specifications from which a programmer may prepare a detailed programming specification with minimal assistance.
- Above average experience using personal computer application software typically used by the business unit.
- Ability to be highly organized, detail oriented, results driven and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to interact across multiple levels of the business.
Equal Opportunity Employer