To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Martinsburg, WV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Threat Analyst
Apex Systems • Martinsburg, WV
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Role: Cyber Threat Analyst
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Shift: Monday - Friday, 8 to 5PM
- Certification in one of the following (Security+, Network+, VA CSP, CISSP, C|EH)
- Minimal Bachelors Degree
- Obtain a VA public trust
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Senior Cyber Security Specialist well-versed in security operations, cyber security tools, and Open Source information gathering from public and private sources.
- Provide operational support on expert level analysis regarding Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs), Indicators of Compromise (IOC), Intelligence Gathering and sharing this information with other formalized partners.
- Gather, extract, and disseminate open source intelligence (OSINT) on threat actors targeting the VA, health care industry, government agencies in general, as well as public sector
- Work with industry partners to gather and share intelligence. Apply intelligence to the VA network and systems to proactively identify potential cyber threats
- Provide proactive event monitoring/event management/configuration of the following security tools for targeted threats and malicious activity including but not limited to: Splunk, Palo Alto Networks, McAfee EPO, Cisco Ironport, Netscout, Sourcefire Defense Center and Bigfix
- Determine if an event meets the criteria for additional cyber hunt investigation and/or constitutes a security incident subject to investigation
- Review audit logs and identify any unusual or suspect behavior'- Provide targeted attack detection and analysis, including the development of custom signatures and log queries and analytics for the identification of targeted attacks
- Develop and execute custom scripts to identify host-based indicators of compromise
- Provide advanced technical capabilities to senior leadership, including Big Data Analytics, and Predictive Intelligence
- Provide proactive APT hunting, incident response support, and advanced analytic capabilities
- Profile and track APT actors that pose a threat to the organization in coordination with threat intelligence support teams
- Support the incident response process by providing advanced analysis services when requested to include recommending containment and remediation processes, independent analysis of security events, and reporting of identified incidents to Incident Handling (IH)
- Provide all VA cyber task areas with actionable intelligence and serve as the threat dissemination hub
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178