Requisition ID: 124125
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Water Engineering (KWE) is seeking an Experienced Level Civil Engineer to be a part of our growing Engineering team based in Lenexa, KS that is developing water and wastewater infrastructure solutions across North America. Looking for ideal candidates to grow the KWE team by providing civil discipline technical expertise as well as civil team leadership for the execution and evaluation of project designs. You will work independently on small projects, or as a part of a large multi-discipline team on larger projects, including working with both internal and external engineers and construction partners to provide our Clients the industry’s best of both engineering and physical design. Project assignments range from support of proposals and estimates to technical design execution to construction and commissioning support
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the Water, Infrastructure, Industrial, Power and Oil, Gas & Chemical (OGC) markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve our customers across markets on projects of any scale and complexity level. Backed by over 130 years of construction expertise, our construction-focused engineering centers on constructability, commissioning, and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure total project success.
The Kiewit Water Engineering team, which includes process, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation and control, structural, and civil disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on alternative Design-Build (progressive and/or fixed price) and EPC delivery models for complex water projects. The team brings project solutions to life across North America in the following areas:
• Water Treatment
• Wastewater Treatment
• Biosolids Treatment
• Water Reuse
• Groundwater Remediation
• Stormwater Recycling
• Pipelines and Conveyance
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that leads the water engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City area) preferred;
• Evaluate, select, and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria for water and wastewater projects of all sizes and levels of complexity.
• Incorporate the requirements of contract and customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.
• Develop and apply a comprehensive understanding of departmental design and industry standard methods, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit guidelines to oversee and/or perform the preparation of design calculations, project drawings, and project design specifications.
• Formulate technical specifications and prepare interface points with construction partners and equipment suppliers. Schedule, review, and coordinate design efforts with other project personnel.
• Prepare civil commodity procurement specifications, perform bid evaluations of material and construction proposals and develop recommendations for contract award.
• Oversight and/or direct performance of supplier shop drawing review, comment (and subsequent resolution), and approval and perform technical contract administration.
• Mentor and direct the work of entry and mid-level employees for skills development. Review their progress and results. Provide direction and coaching, as needed.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address civil-related design concepts, issues, or concerns.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) to project management and department management.
• Support department managers in setting and achieving performance goals for the department.
• Provide suggestions and recommendations for continued improvement.
• Maintain a Professional Engineer license in at least one US state. Apply for and utilize additional licenses to support project needs
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university.
• Licensed Professional Engineer in at least one US State.
• At least five years’ experience in civil engineering and design with a minimum of three years in the water market.
• Advanced knowledge and application of basic computer operation and programming as well as the ability to utilize civil department design software tools including Civil 3D, CSI SAP2000 and SAFE preferred, MathCAD, computer-aided design software, and database driven tools with interfaces similar to MS Access and/or MS Excel.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Displays leadership and confidence to mentor peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Civil Engineering
- Attention To Detail