To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shenandoah, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Wound Care RN
Nexus Specialty Hospital • Shenandoah, TX
Posted 25 days ago
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, the Lead Wound Care RN directs the programs and staff of the wound care team, develops and implements wound care services in accordance with the policies of the hospital and the directives of the medical staff, monitors patient progress and treatment plans, and is responsible for the education of clinical staff. The Lead Wound Care RN is familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job Specific Duties
- Develops effective treatment plans based on existing, evidenced-based protocols.
- Assesses and reassess patients per established policies and procedures to identify progress and trends that require intervention or reporting to the Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Assists Licensed Independent Practitioners during wound debridement and/or graft applications.
- Performs wound debridement within both skill level and scope of practice.
- Researches and recommends items for wound care formulary, adjunctive therapies, specialty beds/mattress, etc..
- Develops and implements competencies for all wound care team members.
- Communicates with the Director of Clinical Services, physicians and other treatment team members regarding patient problems, progress and plans.
- Serve on various committees as needed.
- Participates as necessary in meetings, conferences, etc.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted professional guidelines.
- Performs audits of daily treatment documentation and charges.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of wound management.
- Presents self in a professional manner when representing the facility.
- Exhibits the ability to resolve areas of concern or conflict with patient’s families, co-workers or external customers in a professional, proactive and courteous manner.
- Develops annual departmental goals.
- Monitors wound care department revenue and reports to Director of Clinical Services on a monthly basis.
- Enhances professional growth by attending seminars or further educational opportunities.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and identifying wound care educational opportunities for employees.
- Exhibits ability to show no favoritism towards staff members and is consistent with supervision at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years experience in hospital/rehabilitation setting.
- Three (3) years experience in a wound care role.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State in which duties are performed.
- Wound Care Specialist training and education.
- Maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse/physical therapist in the State in which duties are performed.
- Certified in CPR.
- Maintain current certification in good standing during employment.
- Attend a preventative management of aggressive behavior class within 90 days of hire and maintain annually.