The Customer Advocate is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines. Performs duties such as analyzing the loan application, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan applicant will be able to repay the debt, analyzing the AUS /Guidelines as they pertain to the loan product and sales structure, reviewing title commitments and fees, ordering subordinations and allocating fees properly in the system. Responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the client and the sales staff through closing. Based on these assessments, the Customer Advocate makes mortgage loan recommendations for all Government and Conforming Full Doc products. The Customer Advocate works on a blend of all products based on pipeline management ability.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Excellent Customer Service. The Customer Advocate is the primary customer contact, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles: Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Recommends that title and loan not meeting standards be restructured or denied.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal.
- Informs supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey.
- Prepares loan for Initial Closing Disclosure issuance.
- Submit to Underwriting when Appraisal, Title and Credit are in.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Types and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
- Submits approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
- Responsible for 40 loan inventory, with 20 loan closings per month.
- Utilize Appointment Model.
- Provide Feedback to Loan Credit Advisor on loan quality.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well versed in the mortgage process flow and established SLA’s
- Highly skilled on the phone, very organized and able to handle the overall customer experience with outstanding service.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, BA Preferred
- Prior experience (1-3 years) as a mortgage Conventional Loan Processor. (FHA/VA processing a plus).
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans