REMOTE DE Underwriter wanted for Retail Lending Giant!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Jeff Soboleski
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $140,000A bit about us:
We have been closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
This year, we’re celebrating our 60th year in business. Since our founding as a single office in 1960, we’ve been delivering the promise of home in every neighborhood and community we serve.
Over the past 60 years, we’ve been bringing our customers home, building trust with our partners and creating foundations for our employees to thrive. We have borrowers whose children and family have become customers. Some of our employees have been with our company for more than 40 years. Our focus on creating customers for life will ensure we’ll be here to continue building lifetime connections for many years to come.Why join us?
- Competitive base salary and overall compensation package
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick, and holidays
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401 (K) with generous company match
We are currently seeking a DE Underwriter plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s retail operations functions. The role is primarily responsible, under intermittent to infrequent supervision, for underwriting conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, new construction, and condominium project loans according to company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards. This includes ensuring all tax, title, insurance, and closing documentation associated with the loan applications are accurate and complete, and approving or denying loan applications based on compliance with underwriting standards and risk management factors.
You should know some of the following:
- Expert-level knowledge of underwriting and regulatory requirements; detailed knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending.
- Expert-level knowledge of valid documentation related to the processing consumer mortgage applications.
- Expert-level knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing.
- Current certification(s) for any assigned region with state-specific requirements to originate/supervise loans, along with endorsements including - Direct, VA, Auto and SAR.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.