Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
The Medical Director is responsible, as assigned/delegated by the Laboratory Director/Regional Medical Director, for ensuring that the medical and operational quality of the clinical laboratory meets or exceeds customer/patient requirements. Additionally, serve as a liaison between Esoteric Operations and related lines of business, including the Clinical Franchises, Research & Development and Clinical Trials (Q-Squared Solutions, Q2S). Essential Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesExperience, Education, and Licensure
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Active unrestricted medical licensure for Texas or an ability to obtain a Texas license (job offers will be made contingent on obtaining active licensure).
- Board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology required
- Molecular Oncology experience preferred
- A significant background and experience in Anatomic/Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Management.
- Highly desirable: previous experience providing oversight of molecular oncology testing
- Industry executive with a minimum of 8-10 years post fellowship experience with progressive leadership experience, including 3-5 years minimum experience at an Associate Professor/Director level or above.
- Must have a New York CoQ's or be able to qualify for NY CoQ’s
- Exceptional leadership skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills and the ability to be influential both internally and externally are required.
- Ability to develop relationships and influence key stakeholders who impact the business.
- Passion for business and clients.
- Strength in responding to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Must have experience in managing a departmental Profit and Loss budget.
- Capability to provide leadership and direction in a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple interactive factors.
- Personal adaptability and ability to lead change.
- Ability to work well in a matrix organization.
- Some travel visiting clients within business unit territory and corporate meetings will be required.
- Works effectively in a team environment, and can interact seamlessly and productively with colleagues while providing clinical leadership, and medical expertise.
- Commitment to quality patient care through laboratory excellence in keeping with the corporate philosophy to be the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information, and services is essential.
- Commitment to quality patient care through laboratory excellence in keeping with the corporate philosophy is essential.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation, variable compensation plan and excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive base salary
- Performance-based Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Plans
- Competitive Time Off
- 401(k) & fully vested company matching contributions (5%)
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Healthcare Effectiveness Data And Information Set