Director Contact Center
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
: To provide strategic and tactical leadership and support in meeting established contact center objectives; to ensure growth and development of site and distributed contact center operations, support colleagues' professional development, deliver service excellence through multi channel customer contact, optimize financial performance and coordinate effort with cross-functional support services teams (i.e. quality, Training, Workforce, Client Services) to improve operational and client outcomes; to direct sites and/or teams with colleague counts up to 200.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively manages day-to-day operations and coordinates efforts with peers and support teams ensuring organizational, service delivery, workload and quality objectives are met; ensures continuous improvement in operational processes and outcomes through identification and development of technology, human resource and optimized process solutions.
- Provides professional and organizational development direction to Contact Center operations staff.
- Performs analysis of site and organizational processes and outcomes ensuring established procedures are followed; develops and implements solutions to improve operational outcomes in coordination with Support Services groups.
- Produces executive level reports and presentations and maintains reporting databases as instructed.
- Contributes to development of operational processes and resource deployment for Contact Center functional areas effectively balancing client needs, colleague development and financial outcomes.
- Provides effective and consistent communication to Service Center Director and key stakeholders; provides effective communication of Contact Center process and procedure changes/updates to internal and external constituent groups.
- Identifies operational needs and assists in implementation of various training programs; coordinates training of Contact Center colleagues on departmental applications and procedures.
- Responsible for direction of recruitment; selection of hourly, supervisory, and management colleagues; and professional development succession planning at the site and business unit levels.
- Represents the company and participates in sales/client prospect discussions, cross functional project teams and industry groups/events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
- Administers company personnel policies in all areas and follows company staffing standards and training recommendations.
- Interviews, hires and establishes colleague performance development plans; conducts colleague performance discussions.
- Provides support, guidance, leadership and motivation to promote maximum performance.
- Effectively coordinates efforts and contributes subject matter expertise ensuring cross functional, peer group and organizational objectives are met.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include five (5) years of supervisory/management experience in a multi-site or high volume contact center or customer service center environment and experience with applicable call center technology tools.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of contace/service center processes and procedures, including workforce management, qulaity assurance, and colleague management
- Knowledge of claims management processes
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to troubleshoot intake processes and client service issues
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complex Problem Solving