Join BGE HOME to be a part of the team that offers a wide range of energy-related products and services that address the comfort and energy management needs of residential and small commercial customers in Maryland.
BGE HOME, a Constellation Company, specializes in the sale and service of heating, air conditioning, water heating, plumbing, and electrical systems along with appliance repair, replacement windows, doors, siding and attic insulation.
We are committed to our customers and have a customer satisfaction rating of more than 95 percent.
Our employees 'live'; the BGE HOME Initiatives: Customer Commitment, Excellence, Integrity & Accountability, Teamwork and Safety.
We are a company that cares about the environment, supports local communities and embraces the diversity of our employees.
Every business line offers opportunity for employee development.
We have some of the best training programs in the area.
Here at BGE HOME, we continue our success through the strength of our people.
It's your future - it's about your career and your goals.
At BGE HOME, our aim is to match the right people with the right jobs.
Installs and modifies existing residential HVAC equipment and all types of related products according to installation instructions, supervisor instructions and all applicable county or city codes.
Performs miscellaneous trouble shooting and repairs.
Modifies and fabricates sheet metal as needed per installation.
Able to identify electrical, plumbing and safety problems that apply to the installation and takes necessary corrective action.
Performs necessary clerical duties with job.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Job Function)
- Perform independently work skills in residential heating & air conditioning replacement applications
- Perform independently work skills in residential plumbing and gas piping applications
- Perform independently work skills in residential flue venting applications
- Perform independently work skills in residential sheet metal ducting applications
- Assists in other advanced applications of residential home comfort products
- Trains others in the general work skills of residential home comfort applications
- Trains others in the general work skills of residential HVAC install applications
- Performs clerical duties necessary to complete job work orders
- Maintain proper truck stock and equipment maintenance
- Works independently or under direct supervision and selects from a variety of established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks
- Performs various specific job duties as assigned by the Dept. Manager
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend blue prints / specifications and Installation manuals
- Demonstrated knowledge of sheet metal skills, copper, and gas piping installations
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential Gas & Electric supplied heating furnaces
- Demonstrated knowledge of residential Hot Water Heaters
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing along with customer service skills
- Minimum of  years of experience in residential HVAC installations for Residential. Systems.
- Must have Maryland State Journeyman HVAC License
- Must have Balto. City Gas Fitters license along with 2-lb certification
- Must have Levels I & II CFC certification
- Must have valid drivers’ license and ability to meet Company driving standards.
- Must have basic hand tools to properly perform job requirements.
Other (Including physical requirements, working conditions, etc.):
Must be able to work weekends and overtime as necessary.
- Recent convictions for crimes reasonably related to activities of this job may disqualify an applicant.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor