Local Unit & Position Description
Are you excited about the opportunities created by the energy transition to decarbonize our economy? Would you like to join a global organization of experts that consult on efficiency, wind, solar, storage, hydrogen, EVs, and other solutions that will take us to a sustainable future?Would you like to be part of a team that helps our clients manage critical activities in a sustainable, cost efficient, safe and secure way? DNV Energy Systems – Markets and Risk group is seeking a Project Coordinator to join our team of energy market research and evaluation professionals across the country.This group is dedicated to being our clients' trusted advisors on addressing how their business adapts to the changing energy market. We are focused on helping our customers improve their energy efficiency and clean energy policies and develop and implement successful program offerings. The successful candidate will serve in a Project Coordinator, assisting our Professional Staff with administrative and clerical work and project support and delivery. This position is based out of our North America offices, including Medford MA, North Andover MA, New York NY, Portland ME, Oakland CA, Madison WI, Arlington VA, Nashville TN or Middletown CT. Remote work will also be considered from any location in the continental U.S.What you'll do
- Act as a liaison between project managers and other corporate departments, including Legal, Accounting, Human Resources, Marketing, and Information Technology (IT), helping to ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Support project managers with project start-up activities by coordinating with Accounting, Legal, IT and other corporate departments to establish projects in the accounting system, execute and file contractual documents, and set up necessary data storage procedures
- Support project managers with project kickoff activities, both internal and client facing. This includes scheduling meetings, coordinating with subcontractors, creating project templates in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, and communicating information related to the project
- Provide project execution and control support to project managers including:
- Assist with regular status reporting and invoicing activities by: reviewing time, expense and accounting reports for accuracy, reviewing subcontractor invoices, maintaining budget tracking information, and preparing invoices according to corporate and client specifications.
- Track outstanding project receivables and when necessary, assist project managers to research and resolve issues related to payment of invoices.
- Enter project-related data into corporate accounting and project management systems (e.g., Oracle, MS SharePoint).
- Work with project managers to track execution of work plans, including tracking project deliverable dates and issuing reminders to team members when appropriate.
- Assist project managers with effective facilitation of team and client meetings, including preparing agendas, taking minutes, tracking action items, and proactively following up on action items
What is Required
Note: Please submit a cover letter with your resume that details your relevant experience.
- Associate's Degree in Business or related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer-service attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Ability to take direction from multiple people and perform highly varied tasks
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required: Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word; preferred: Sharepoint
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is Preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience or interest in energy efficiency
- Report graphics aptitude
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative to identify and complete necessary tasks
- Willingness to take initiative to identify opportunities for operational efficiency
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Coordinator more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Project Coordinator). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.
What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs – Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Consumer discounts and rewards
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only, the range of starting pay for this role is $22.00/hour-$33.00/hour.
Please visit our website at www.dnv.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Business Efficiency
- Customer Service