Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of two powerful companies in the metals industry, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery. Operating globally, Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience and steady growth potential for their careers.
Multiple Positions Available - Both Days and Evening Shifts at our Warren, OH facility
Specifically for CNC Vertical Turning Lathe (VTL) Machinists and CNC Vertical Grinder Operators (VTL Experience a must and additional grinding experience for the Grinder role a plus)
- Sets up and operates computer numerical controlled (CNC) machinery that automatically mills, punches, drills, broaches or reams metal and/or plastic parts.
- Makes program and other adjustments to adhere to established specifications
- Monitors work to ensure that machine is not malfunctioning
- Determines dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined, sequence of operations and machines required by studying specifications, such as blueprints, sketches, damaged parts or descriptions of parts.
- Works from drawings and written instructions to create replacement and new parts in making complex repairs to metal parts as well as for experimental apparatus or prototype equipment.
- Work is diversified and machining is performed to ordinary tolerances.
- Requires extensive knowledge of various metals and of measurements used in machining processes.
- Occasionally responsible for rigging, transporting and/or moving large parts and equipment
- May also operate manual machines such as lathes, drill presses, mills, routers, grinding machines, duplicating, and computer controlled and profile machines
- Computes cutting speeds, feed rates and dimensions
- Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for machining operations
- Inspects machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications
- May provide technical leadership and assist in training less experienced machinists.
- Performs housekeeping of machine and work area
- Performs daily maintenance check of machine
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
- High School or Equivalent
- Four - five years of related work experience
- Crane/Forklift Certification – In-house training provided to obtain certifications
- Valid Driver’s license
- Proper use of Safety Equipment – Safety boots, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs
- Proper use of tools: Inside and Outside Micrometers, Depth Micrometer, Calipers, Bore Gages, Other General Hand Tools
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including a 6% match on the 401(k) plan. Relocation will be available to candidates based on experience and position. If you want to learn more about Primetals Technologies, visit our website: primetals.com!
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.