Visiting Physicians Association, a national leader in delivering home based primary care, works with home health and hospice agencies to ensure patients receive continuity of care in the home environment. VPA in-home physicians collaborate with agencies to establish in-home treatment plans and certify the need for services. VPA partners with over 1,000 home health agencies, collaborates with independent and assisted living communities, and works with skilled nursing facilities and hospitals nationally to coordinate services and patient transitions to home care.
Picture yourself as a part of a health system that offers you every tool to support the stability and health of your medically complex patients. Now picture yourself outside the walls of a hospital. You are seeing yourself as a Physician with VPA. Our experience with the IAH Demonstration and having our own ACO sets us apart as leaders in Shared Savings.
We are currently looking for providers in the San Antonio, TX to join our team. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salary and aggressive quarterly incentive pay
- Comprehensive benefit package including 401K with match
- Annual stipend for CME and license/association dues
- Up-to-date software for your tablet and phone
- A+ rated Malpractice Coverage with tail coverage
- H1b Visa sponsorship available
- Minimal call responsibilities
- Average of 10 patients per day
- More quality, face-to-face interaction with patients and families
- EMR with dedicated training and support staff
- Teamed with a medical assistant and patient care coordinator
- Mobile diagnostic services and state of the art laboratory
Join a team with every resource to give patients the best possible care in their home. With a full complement of home based healthcare services, we have developed a model that provides our primary care providers state-of-the-art laboratory services, portable diagnostic testing, dedicated support staff in the office, company-provided transportation, exceptional orientation, training and team support, as well as access to industry-best home care and hospice.
VPA has been in practice for over 20 years and is currently operating out of over 40 offices across 12 states. We are the largest home based primary care practice in the Nation and making a huge impact in healthcare today!
Learn more about changes we are making in patients’ lives here. https://visitingphysicians.com/whats-new/u-s-medical-management-improves-health-reduces-costs-for-homebound-elderly-in-cms-independence-at-home-demonstration/
Delivers primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take history, examines, determines diagnoses, and treats scheduled patients.
- Provides written documentation of patient's visit, per NCQA standards.
- Takes patient vital signs, as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to obtain.
- Performs phlebotomy (venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally.
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens.
- Performs minor surgeries, as necessary, limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspirations.
- Works with Patient Care Coordinator to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs all clinical duties with observing OSHA Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations.
- Performs related work as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Geriatrics or complex patients preferred
- Active/unrestricted medical license and DEA
- EMR experience