Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Security Administrative Specialist provides support to the Office of Security and Counterintelligence (OS&CI) senior managers in areas of division and operational administrative security functions. The services shall support the offices of the agency and others as required.
- Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archives files as necessary
- Recommend new administrative support processes
- Execute local Directorate/Office security in and out processing requirements
- Issue security related equipment; records; receipts; or supplies
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or offices
- Schedule polygraph testing
- Answer security related telephone calls; directs calls to the appropriate branch or office; and take messages
- Research; records; and reports statistical analysis for historical and planning purposes
- Provide security support for passing; verifying; and receiving clearances; confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility; processing visitor requests; processing requests for Badges; and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications
- Update security data; run inquiries; provide quality control; develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases
- Provide support coordinating; tasking and managing security action responses from internal; other Government; and industry organizations
- Maintain and update appropriate security related databasesProvide administrative/customer support duties for access control and physical security support to the Headquarters buildings
- Issue and manage badges for Headquarters personnel and visitors
- Update data; provide quality control; run reports; and use the Monitor Dynamics Inc. system and Lenel Systems for proper badging; Visit Request and Badging System (VRBS); Access Polygraph Investigative Collection System (APICS); and others as needed
- Process certifications for access via fax; email; electronic message format and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year
- Assist with badge issues; provide visitors information support; directions and assist in contacting visitor POC
- Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include badge creation for new personnel and badge destruction for departed personnel as well as assist in updating accesses for personnel
- Assist in the set-up and conduct of the weekly briefing for new personnel introduction to the customer
- Performs a variety of routine administrative tasks in support of the facility security function.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the facility security function including assisting employees with obtaining ID badges and processing visit requests.
- May operate a switchboard or telephone console to route incoming calls and place outgoing local and long-distance calls.
- Assists employees in acquiring security clearance when required via secured database.
- Responsible for classified document control, coordinating the reproduction, storage, or destruction of classified documents.
- Establishes and maintains security related files.
- Enters security information into automated system and runs related reports as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant DOD and company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This role is not yet funded
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1-3 years of related administrative experience, preferably in theindustrial security field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers routine questions in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of security specific systems; databases; websites; and software; including Facility and Information Security Accreditation Tool; VRBS; APICS; Scattered Castles; Joint Personnel Adjudication System or their successor
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Administrative Specialist - Entry, TS SCI Req'd and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Security Administrative Specialist - Entry, TS SCI Req'd.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers’ challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Sensitive Compartmented Information (Sci Clearance)