To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bradenton, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CEMEX • Bradenton, FL
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Batch Person will perform any combination of following duties in a concrete mixing plant: Daily plant inspections, preventative and minor repair maintenance; operation of the loader; operation of the batching process. The Batch Person will ensure proper documentation of all incoming materials daily.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation of concrete batching process to insure the correct amount and sizes of aggregates and proportions of cement, additives, and water required for concrete are added
- Participates in making sure the quality and quantity of raw materials meets established standards
- Follows procedures set in place to correct any deficiencies in plant operation
- Interacts with sales team and customer service to ensure product meets specifications
- Ensures assigned established performance indicators are met
- Works toward improvement of the assigned plant and surrounding area
- Follows established procedures to ensure that the plant for which he/she is responsible is in compliance with state, federal, and local regulations and requirements
- Participates in on-going minor maintenance and visual evaluations of plant and equipment
- Confers with plant supervisor, other supervisory personnel to resolve problems, provide immediate feedback, and may recommend solutions to improve performance
- Promotes safety within his/her assigned territoryAdhere to all CEMEX and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some technical, vocational or education preferred
- Working knowledge of OSHA/DOT regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with WINDOWS (basic applications), Internet, basic computer skills
- Working knowledge of plant maintenance procedures
- Basic concrete knowledge
- Able to work extended hours as needed
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires stationary position, traverse, move, transport, and the ability to significant degree to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, or position
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with employees and other individuals as well as function safely within an office environment and, on occasion, may visit industrial plant locations
- Must be able to work at heights; climb stairs, ladders, and silos
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal employment opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.